PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION:
Christian Life Skills seeks to empower families and youth to live spiritually healthy and productive lives through the practical application of the Word of God by providing:
- Christian Life Skills
Various models of ministry and resources including:
- Nurturing, and
- Networking with churches and community groups.
Christian Life Skills offers a curriculum, training, and additional materials that help children and youth address today’s most pressing issues and overcome obstacles to success. Families and members of congregations are encouraged to embrace their role in providing effective spiritual nurture and support to participants. Appropriate training and screening contribute to the preparation that promotes good outcomes.
Christian Life Skills (CLS) began with the convening of a city-wide group of ministers and community leaders who recognized the need for the model and materials designed by Founder and Director Barbara W. Rogers. The ministry was launched from her vision for CLS that emerged after an extended period of prayer and fasting.
The biblically-based life-skills resources have proven effective across ethnic and racial groups. They have the flexibility to be used in the home with families, in the church, and in outreach to the community. Results include:
- improved academics
- increased self-esteem
- decreased repeat offences
- spiritual growth
- enhanced family well-being
- improved self-discipline
- greater accomplishments
- a sense of hope and a positive attitude
- a desire to live for Christ and settle into ongoing participation in congregational life
These attributes have lead to stable employment, higher education, and wholesome living for youth and families who had previously known failure, discouragement and, in some instances serious trouble.
Participants develop the capacity to begin living into their God-given potential and purpose in life, while experiencing:
- loving, supportive relationships
- a variety of activities in the church and community
- motivation to move away from drugs, teen pregnancy, crime, violence, and school failure, and toward healthy living.
- a sense of their own worth to God and His world,
- encouragement to live into their potential, unique gifts, and abilities
Christian Life Skills has been blessed with help from many who have assisted the ministry in various ways. We thank God for each and everyone! We invite you to explore our website, become aquainted with our ministry and contact us if you would like to become involved!